I am not a trained theologian.
I don't have a degree in theology. I don't lead a church. I'm an author who has spent much of my life asking questions, researching ideas, and trying to understand things that interest me.
Recently, with the help of Super Intelligence — human intelligence working together with artificial intelligence — I started asking a question that became much bigger than I expected:
If Jesus Christ established a Church, what did that Church actually look like?
Not what Christianity looks like today.
Not what one denomination says it looked like.
I wanted to know what the New Testament itself says.
So I Started Making a List
As I researched, I began identifying things that existed in the Church described in the New Testament.
There were apostles.
There were prophets.
There were evangelists, pastors, teachers, bishops or overseers, elders and deacons.
There was authority.
There was ordination.
There was baptism.
There was the laying on of hands and receiving the Holy Ghost.
There were spiritual gifts, healing, anointing with oil, revelation and missionary work.
And then I began encountering questions that went even deeper.
What happened to Jesus during the three days between His death and resurrection?
Why did Jesus tell the thief on the cross, “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise”?
Why did Peter write about Christ preaching to the spirits in prison?
Why did Paul mention baptism for the dead?
What happened to the apostles?
Were apostles and prophets only needed temporarily, or were they intended to remain part of Christ's Church?
And if important parts of the original Church disappeared, did Christianity simply need a Reformation?
Or would it require a Restoration?
Then I Asked a Different Question
This is where things became especially interesting.
Instead of asking which church I believed was correct, I turned the question around.
What if we first reconstructed the original Church from the New Testament and only then compared that pattern with churches that exist today?
That removes a lot of the argument.
Don't start with a denomination.
Start with the evidence.
Identify the organization, authority, ordinances, teachings and practices described in the New Testament.
Then compare.
Goldwell's Challenge
That's why I'm issuing what I call:
Goldwell's Challenge: Prove Me Wrong.
Don't believe something because Bruce Goldwell wrote it.
Don't believe something simply because an AI says it.
And don't reject something merely because it conflicts with what you've always been taught.
Check it.
Open the New Testament.
Look at the evidence.
Ask whether the conclusions follow from the scriptures.
Then ask the question that has become central to this project:
Is there a Church in existence today that contains the organization, authority, ordinances and principles found in the Church Jesus Christ established?
If there is...
Which one?
What Super Intelligence Changed
There is another part of this story that fascinates me.
Years ago, attempting this kind of project would have required enormous amounts of time searching books, concordances, commentaries and libraries.
Today, artificial intelligence can help an ordinary person locate passages, compare ideas, organize hundreds of questions and identify connections remarkably quickly.
That's what I mean when I talk about Super Intelligence.
It isn't replacing human intelligence.
It is amplifying it.
AI can help me find something.
AI can help me compare something.
AI can even challenge one of my conclusions.
But AI doesn't get to decide what I believe.
Neither does it get to decide what you believe.
That decision belongs to us.
THE TRUTH
This research eventually became a much larger project I call THE TRUTH.
The project explores questions about Jesus Christ, His original Church, apostles and prophets, priesthood and authority, baptism, the Holy Ghost, Paradise, resurrection, preaching to the dead, restoration and other teachings found in scripture.
I've also created a website where you can explore these questions individually rather than simply taking my conclusions from a book.
Visit:
https://www.mykindlebooks.net/the-truth/
And here's my invitation.
Don't take my word for it.
Open the scriptures.
Check the evidence.
Challenge my conclusions.
And if you think I've got it wrong...
Prove me wrong.
I might learn something.
And perhaps you will too.
— Bruce Goldwell
#JesusChrist #Christianity #Bible #NewTestament #Faith #Scripture #TheTruth #SuperIntelligence #ArtificialIntelligence #BruceGoldwell

No comments:
Post a Comment